Find the right webinar
Search or browse our growing catalogue of professional development webinars for teachers. New webinars are added weekly! Join a live webinar and be part of the conversation or catch up later and watch on demand – it’s up to you!
Save my spot!
Once you’ve made your choice you’ll need to register for the webinar. You can do this ahead of time or even on the day.
Join the webinar
Once you’ve registered and payment is complete you will receive a confirmation email that includes specific information on how to join. When the webinar is about to begin, use that information to get into the session!
Invite your colleagues
We believe teachers learn best when learning together so here at PepTalks we only charge once per webinar per location. So grab the popcorn, gather the team, put your feet up and learn together.
Frequently asked questions
Can my colleagues come too?
Yes, absolutely. At PepTalks we only charge once per webinar per location so once you have paid for a webinar you can gather everyone together at your school to watch at no extra cost. All we need you to do is to watch the webinar together on one computer because we charge once per computer connection.
What is a webinar?
A webinar is a “web seminar”. They stream over the internet and a PepTalks webinar typically lasts an hour of which 45 – 50 minutes is the presentation with the last 10 – 15 minutes for questions.
How do I book?
When you book there are just two names and emails we really need. First you will be asked for details of the attendee, second the details of the person who is arranging payment. The attendee you choose will receive the link to attend the webinar. If several people will be watching together do not book for each person otherwise you will have to pay for them all – we only charge once per computer connection, so no matter how many people are coming to watch the webinar together, just enter one attendee (and make sure they don’t lose the link!!).
What do we do if we lose our link to attend?
It happens! Sometimes the person with your link is off sick or out of reach. Just give us a call – we’ll sort you a new one (at no cost, of course!)
Do I have to watch the webinar on the computer I booked with?
No. Whilst the attendee link can only be used once on one computer, prior to use it can forwarded from one machine to another.
Can I ask questions in a webinar?
Yes absolutely! In a live webinar you will be able to ask questions at the end. We set aside about 10 -15 minutes for Q&A. Questions are posed in writing – the webinar has a facility for you to enter these whenever you like during the session.
Do I need special software?
No. Our webinars should not require you to download anything. Once you have paid for a webinar, you will be sent a link to attend. Click the link just before the start – it is as simple as that.
How do I listen?
The best quality sound is by obtained using your computer’s built in audio. If you are watching alone you may choose to use a USB headset, but if you are watching with others you might need to plug in some speakers.
Note: You may notice that your sound shows as being “MUTED” – this only refers to your inability to speak and not your ability to listen.
Many of our webinars also offer the ability for you to phone in. This provides an alternative in case you run into technical issues with your computer audio.
If you join a webinar 10 or 15 minutes ahead of time there are provisions for you to test the sound before we start, but sound problems are rare. If you can get sound out of your computer normally (e.g. with a YouTube clip) you should be fine with our webinars.
Do you use webcams?
No. Very few of us look good on a webcam! Come as you are.
Are there any discounts for small schools?
Yes! Schools with a roll of 50 pupils or less save 50% off the advertised price! And schools with a roll between 51 to 100 save 30%. It gets better – to claim your discount you need to do absolutely nothing! We update your roll from the Ministry of Education School Directory annually and so long as you enter your school name correctly when you buy a webinar (we’ve loaded the correct school names for you into our system) then the discount will apply automatically.
What about recordings?
We record all of our webinars. They are available for sale shortly after the live webinar is completed. The price is the same as for live sessions.
What if I miss a webinar I have paid for?
We will send you the recording at no extra cost. In fact, after each live webinar we send all registered participants a link to the recording.
What is the overall process?
- Once you register for a webinar the first thing to arrange is payment because all of our webinars must be paid in advance to allow attendance.
- You can pay by credit card or by transferring funds to our bank account. Our system issues an invoice when you place an order.
- The day before the webinar we will send you any materials that accompany the webinar
- An hour before the webinar you will receive an automated reminder
- Half an hour or so before the webinar, boot up the computer where you’ll be watching and make sure all your attendees will be coming along to watch
- Around 15 mins before the webinar starts, click your link to join the webinar
- In the last 5 minutes make sure you are comfortable and have got a nice cup of tea in front of you!
- We start promptly at the advertised time
Is there anything else I need to know?
Not really. Your webinar host will explain all the controls you need once we begin.
Can I give feedback?
Yes please! Feedback is requested automatically as you leave a live webinar. It is incredibly valuable to us. We want to know what you liked or didn’t like so that we can improve what we do for you
A Fair Share!
At PepTalks we believe in treating copyrighted material with respect. As such, all of our presenters are responsible for ensuring that they do not infringe copyright with the material that they present. If you believe one of our presenters has infringed copyright please let us know immediately. For our part we will:
- Suspend the webinar from sale immediately
- Inform the presenter of your complaint
- Investigate the alleged copyright infringement
- Inform both complainant and presenter of the investigation outcome and either:
> return the webinar for sale (if the infringement was not found to be valid) or
> remove the webinar from sale permanently (if the infringement complaint is upheld)
- PepTalks will cease using presenters who infringe copyright on more than one occasion
Prize draw terms & conditions
Entry into this prize draw constitutes acceptance of the following terms and conditions:
- There is one prize consisting of a $1000 NZD PepTalks webinar voucher, valid until 1 October 2020.
- You will be automatically entered into the prize draw when you purchase a webinar from https://peptalks.co.nz/ between 1 August 2019 to 30 September 2019 at 11:59pm.
- Winner(s) will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail on or about 1st October 2019. If winner is not reasonably able to be contacted within 5 working days of the prize draw, the prize shall be forfeited and another winner will be drawn.
- Employees of PepTalks and their immediate families and associated entities are not eligible to enter or win.
- The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- If you are a winner, the Promoter may request you to participate in any publicity or promotion organised by the Promoter including promotional photographs.
- The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw this offer or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the Terms and Conditions, the conduct, results and any other matters relating to this prize draw, the decision of the Promoter shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- The Promoter is PepTalks Online Limited (“PepTalks”).